Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Whats the proper way to install grease fittings on new control arms?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 10:14 AM
castlenut
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Whats the proper way to install grease fittings on new control arms?

I just received my new upper and lower control arms from Rock Auto! Got a pretty good deal on them too! Was wondering though on the lower arms which are manufactured by Moog the grease fittings are supplied but there is no predrilled hole?. The grease fittings say they are self tapping but I never really installed one so was wondering if any one had any tips? Should I predrill even if they are self tapping and if I do what size drill bit? I read some where to apply a lil grease on my bit If I predrill to catch any shavings. Also I couldn't find Moog upper control arms so I purchased Doorman brand and they didn't come with grease fittings. You think it would be alright if I installed grease fittings on them too? They pretty much look exactly like the stock ones I have now. Also any advice on control arm replacement would be greatly appreciated!!! I gotta keep her running for a few more years!!!

Last edited by castlenut; 10-29-2010 at 10:18 AM.
Old 10-29-2010, 02:03 PM
castlenut
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just got off the phone with moog. I need to take a closer look at the side of the control arm. Apparently there is a hole there for the fitting? Anyone familiar with that set up? lol! Also talked to doorman. They said there sealed unit does not require a fitting?LOL! Oh well!

Quick Reply: Whats the proper way to install grease fittings on new control arms?