Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

03 Stratus coupe lowering kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010 | 12:57 PM
CMBoardman
|
Default 03 Stratus coupe lowering kit

Which lowering kit rides the best and will be the most durable. Eibach, sprint, or B&G.
The eibach pro lowers it 1.5 front and back and the eibach sportline lowers 2 front and back.
Sprint is 1.8 up front 1.7 in back.
Then the b&g has 1.75 drop front and back.
I figure the more lowered, the more rough the ride is going to be, so pretty much i'm trying to figure out what is going to be the most durable

Old 10-29-2010 | 06:31 PM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star

I have Eibach Sportline springs. Had them on for almost 40k miles with no issues. The struts are getting to where they are due for a change because of mileage, not because they feel worn out. Always upgrade struts when lowering.

Old 10-29-2010 | 09:32 PM
CMBoardman
|

OK, well i just replaced the struts like 8-10k miles ago. They're straight from daimlerchrysler(wasn't thinking about lowering it at the time), but would they be fine for a while? Or, should I still upgrade them before I lower it?

Last edited by CMBoardman; 10-29-2010 at 09:38 PM.
Old 10-29-2010 | 10:06 PM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star

Originally Posted by CMBoardman
OK, well i just replaced the struts like 8-10k miles ago. They're straight from daimlerchrysler(wasn't thinking about lowering it at the time), but would they be fine for a while? Or, should I still upgrade them before I lower it?
Well,its always best to upgrade to something stiffer.I went with the KYB GR2's which are 15% stiffer then stock and I have had no issues at all. Reccomended is the KYB AGX's which are fully adjustable. They have 4 adjust settings.

Old 10-30-2010 | 01:59 PM
CMBoardman
|

okay i looked into it and i don't see any agx struts that fit the 6 or 4 cyl....help? And another question, I have a i4 in mine, do the sxt and r/t have the same suspension? oh and yet another....after I replaced my struts up front the ride was more smooth and a little more quiet, but it still seems to hit bumps harder than when I bought the car....might I possibly need new strut bumpers or...what? I also have 3 loose engine mounts, but that shouldn't make any extra noise over bumps, just slight abnormal vibrations, right?

Last edited by CMBoardman; 10-30-2010 at 02:38 PM.
Old 10-31-2010 | 05:16 PM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star

Search for the AGX struts under 00-05 Mitsubishi Eclipse. Same chassis. V6 or I4 uses the same suspension. Not sure what could cause it to hit bumps hard.
Bad engine mounts are common, and cost about $100 for upgraded inserts. Bad mounts just add to vibration like you said.

Quick Reply: 03 Stratus coupe lowering kit