Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Heater/AC problem...

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010 | 02:24 AM
fadestoblack07
|
Default Heater/AC problem...

Okay so a couple of months ago i noticed my air conditioner would blow hot air instead of cold, But if i turned it to defrost and then back to vent it would blow cold. Two nights ago I drove the car and the heater was working fine. I turned the car off and started it back about 10 minutes later and the heater wouldn't work. I tried turning it off then back on, turning the car off then back on, nothing worked. I've noticed it will usually work the first time i start the car but won't work for the rest of the day. Anyone have any ideas to what could be the problem?

Old 11-14-2010 | 01:24 PM
GALVANIZEDYANKEE
Professional

One of your door/door actuators for directing the airflow, or the door/door actuators for mixing hot/cold air could be defective.

Old 11-21-2010 | 02:19 AM
fadestoblack07
|

Something new I've noticed. When im driving the heater usually blows hot, but when I stop at a stoplight, stopsign, or park it starts blowing cold air again. My engine light came on and i got the code for misfire on cylinder 6 but I don't think that would have anything to do with the heater???

Quick Reply: Heater/AC problem...