Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

99 Dodge Stratus back doors wont open from inside ???

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010 | 07:55 PM
DougG
|
Amateur
Default 99 Dodge Stratus back doors wont open from inside ???

I have a 99 Stratus that the back doors will not open from the inside on the first time ; they havent been used much , but you can pull the latch about 5 or 6 times ; then they MAY open ; OR MAYBE NOT ; its aggrivating , they open good from the outside , but every now and then you have to push in on the door to open it ; anyone have this trouble ?

Old 11-30-2010 | 12:31 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech

Did you look at the child locks on the rear door?

Old 12-01-2010 | 09:53 AM
Leadslinger

I agree, child safety locks are on I bet.

Old 12-01-2010 | 12:18 PM
ratsttam
Captain

My '00 does the same thing on the driver side rear door. And NO, the child locks are not on. I found that if I pull UP on the handle while I pull it in, that it will pop open. If the OP's child locks are on, than he's got another issue where he can pull it a few times and open it, not a good thing if there's kids back there, who will play with the handle constantly. I attribute it to the door hinges starting to wear out making the latch mechanisms slightly misaligned.

Old 12-01-2010 | 09:33 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech

If it's not the child locks take a peek inside the door on the rear edge by the CL lever. There is a hole there to access an "allen" type adjustment screw. It's a "throw" setting.

Old 12-05-2010 | 10:17 AM
DougG
|
Amateur

Thanks for the replys, the child locks are not on , thats the first thing I checked, the doors hardly ever got used much thats the funny part ; I,ll check the throw setting !!!

Old 12-05-2010 | 05:22 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech

I wish I had a pic for you. It's an oblong hole and it may have a black sticker over it.

Quick Reply: 99 Dodge Stratus back doors wont open from inside ???