Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

98 Dodge Stratus Timing Belt

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 03:31 PM
scandalous834
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink 98 Dodge Stratus Timing Belt

I need to change the timing belt on my 98 Stratus...can anyone tell me where to find the correct timing marks...i've been on countless websites and managed to find everything except what i'm lookin' for...

Old 01-19-2011, 10:54 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts

Welcome to DF
Send me a pm with your email address and i'll send you the picture on how it looks.

Old 01-20-2011, 06:08 AM
scandalous834

My e-mail address is scandalous834@yahoo.com... I would greatly appreciate ANY info you could send my way...i'm pretty sure i could tear down n' rebuild a Stratus blindfolded...except for the timing belt...i'm about to the point of offering up my firstborn child for a service manual (funny thing is, it's not even my car)(i'm such a good friend) LOL...but thank u SOOO much for taking the time to help a girl out...I really appreciate it!!!

Old 01-20-2011, 06:56 AM
22DODGE22
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scandalous834
My e-mail address is scandalous834@yahoo.com... I would greatly appreciate ANY info you could send my way...i'm pretty sure i could tear down n' rebuild a Stratus blindfolded...except for the timing belt...i'm about to the point of offering up my firstborn child for a service manual (funny thing is, it's not even my car)(i'm such a good friend) LOL...but thank u SOOO much for taking the time to help a girl out...I really appreciate it!!!
Factory service manuals are available at many sources. (ebay, amazon, dealer). I have no interest in your first born child, but I'd sell you a book for much less (like an arm or a leg). Other good sources is to go to your local library and see if they have Mitchell On demand or Shopkey5 or All Data.

Old 01-24-2011, 10:52 PM
BEKM
Default Tool for alignment

Isn't there a tool that will keep the pullies in place and aligned just right? I changed this belt out on my 98 years ago only to hear that there was a tool to make it a lot easier. I just followed the Haynes manual I bought at autozone and it was helpful.

Old 01-25-2011, 06:04 AM
22DODGE22
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes there is a tool. The one I've seen is for the DOHC engines. You just can't pull off the belt and hope to get it right when putting it back on. It's always best to put the engine at TDC before removing the belt. Always check all marks when installing, rotate the crank 2 turns (by hand) and make sure everything lines up before cranking with the starter.

Quick Reply: 98 Dodge Stratus Timing Belt