Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

One electric lock won't go down and making funny sound

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 11:10 PM
jeremyw
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One electric lock won't go down and making funny sound

Driver side door lock making bad sound and won't work right. I am guessing the motor is not working right?? Any help would be helpful.

Old 02-14-2011, 12:23 AM
add|ct
Rookie

Sometime, it's these little plastic things that need re-adjusting and requires breaking down the door innards. I don't know how easy they are to get to on our cars, and forget what you call them(actuators?), but some cars are hard to get to them and you need a special tool to readjust them. I believe your motor is okay, my car makes the 'nnnnhh' sound when attempting to lock automatically.

Old 02-17-2011, 09:47 PM
GALVANIZEDYANKEE
Professional

The door motor (solinoid) is relatively easy to remove once you dope out the procedure.
Removing the door panel. Mark the rods so you know where to put them back. The speaker has to be removed. The grill cover snaps out. The door pull and the door handle each have a small plug. Behind the plugs are screws that hold the panel.Other screws are obvious. The motors are known for going bad. Used ones are always for sale on Ebay Motors.

Quick Reply: One electric lock won't go down and making funny sound