Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

02 3.0 exhaust system. HELP please!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 08:43 AM
tll02strat
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 02 3.0 exhaust system. HELP please!!!

Hi, my name is Thomas and im new to the world of dodgeforum.com. I recently purchased an 02 stratus r/t coupe with the 3.0 v6. The guy b4 me who had the car lived in an area where he did not need emissions so when he upgraded the exhaust system he deleted the cats. I however, do live in an area with emissions and i need to find out what i can do to get the car to pass. I would like to keep the aftermarket setup and just add a high flow cat (or 2) hoping it will pass. The diagrams i have seen seem to show 2 or 3 cats along the entire stock system. There are aftermarket headers on the car and an 02 sensor plugged into it. After the headers im not sure what i would need to do to add the cats. I heard i may need to add a Y-pipe and 2 cats. If anybody experienced a similar situation or has any info to help me it would be tremendously appreciated!!! Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Old 02-18-2011, 11:02 AM
GALVANIZEDYANKEE
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Best bet is to pick up an exhaust in a junk yard. Down pipe through the converter.Then install your system as a cat-back. Make sure you have the oxygen sensors and the wiring.
Hope that your ECU is OK.

Quick Reply: 02 3.0 exhaust system. HELP please!!!