Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Multiple Problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 02:20 PM
butman_33
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Multiple Problems

Hey guys, got a used Strauts ES 2.5 v-6, auto from my brother and I need some help. I am getting codes p0302, p0403, p0700 and p0736. Here is what I am experiencing. I can feel the misfire at idle, car sometimes takes a while to engage into reverse and drive...doesn't happen often just once in a while and once it does engage car runs fine. Sometimes after a longer trip when I come to a stop the car dies, but starts up again fine.

Another problem is with the heater...it only works on the highest setting and blows warm air sometimes but once in a while blows hot air...thermostat and blower motor resistor maybe?

Anyway, I got the car free and it has 223,000 miles and I would like it to last a little longer. Thanks for the help. Also can someone please tell me which is cylinder #2? Thanks again.

Old 02-16-2011, 09:54 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

Welcome to DF
The P0302 is a misfire on number 2 cylinder, P0403 is a EGR code and P0700 is to let you know there is a transmission problem and the code or codes are stored in the TCM. P0736 is gear ratio error in reverse. Number 2 is the plug on the front of the engine. front bank is 2,4, and 6. rear bank is 1,3,and 5.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:01 PM
rmckellar

When you get multiple codes at once, usually this means a single problem can trigger other codes. The problem is isolating the single problem sometimes.

Based on the info I see at this site http://www.obd-codes.com/p0403 , the P0403 (EGR Circuit Malfunction) may be contributing to the P0302 code.

The P0700 code is a PCM (Power Train Control Module) code simply telling you there's a fault code stored in the TCM (Transmission Control Module). This is most likely related to the P0736 code you are getting. I would suggest checking your transmission fluid first. When was the last time the filter and oil was changed in the tranny? Is the fluid level too low? It could be as simple as the oil level being too low, old oil, plugged filter, or as complicated as an internal tranny failure requiring a rebuild/replacement.

My 2001 Stratus had a similar HVAC problem with heating. I replaced the HVAC control panel and the problem was solved.

Old 02-18-2011, 11:18 AM
butman_33

Thanks for the replies. Not sure when the filter was changed but I am planning on doing that shortly along with the gasket...fluid is checked regularly and filled when needed, however recently I have noticed some on the ground when the car sits. Thanks for the help guys.

Quick Reply: Multiple Problems