Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Relay issues??

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 09:13 AM
Snipe00
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Relay issues??

I just bought an 04' R/T 3.0L 5 speed with 36,000 miles. I really like the car but the fog lights don't work. The button lights up on the dash when pushed but they don't come on. I checked the fuse in the engine compartment and it looked fine. I found a relay but don't want to replace it if that's not the problem since they are $40.00.

I also learned this morning in the freezing drizzle that the rear defrosters don't work. Does this car have common Relay issues or am I missing something??

Old 02-26-2011, 09:48 AM
22DODGE22
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you try swapping relays?. After all they are interchangeable. Did you verify that you have power at the lights? After all there are possibilites that both bulbs are bad. Did you check the ground circuit of the bulbs? After all you could have a grounding issue.

"Does this car have common Relay issues or am I missing something??" Yes, you are missing something.

Old 02-26-2011, 11:30 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 93 Likes on 79 Posts

Welcome to DF
Did you ck the fuses with either a DVOM or a 12 volt test lite?

Quick Reply: Relay issues??