Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

No lights in Cluster. Help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2011 | 11:31 AM
Gknight
|
Default No lights in Cluster. Help!

I bought a 2000 Stratus yesterday and last night learned that my light cluster does not work. Noticed the Headlamp Relay is missing. COuld this be culprit? Or more likely BCM or Switch assembly?I am looking for a how to guide to remove the bcm if it is necessary. Drawings would be a real help! Really appreciate any help. Thanks!

Old 03-09-2011 | 11:41 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech

Sure it could be, But also ck fuses 7 and 9 and 11 for power.These fuses go to the cluster and headlamp switch.

Old 03-10-2011 | 03:38 PM
Gknight
|
Default More trouble.

Found that it was burning out the #7(I think, or maybe #5? 20amp)Illum/Tail/Park fuse, Took to a mechanic. Did some testing felt it was the switch that has dimmer, wiper, lights, etc. Well he replaced that and now everything works...BUT now the fuse in the block literally melted down! So now it is going to the Stereo store the previous owner sent it to to install a stereo in the slim hope that they somehow wrired something wrong. I say slim because the stereo works fine with or without the fuse. So now I know 'm grounding out soemwhere and if it isn't the stereo I need to go to a new shop as this mechanic admits he's not very good with wiring. So $200 down and no joy yet. If you know any hints on ground outs in that area I'd be appreciative. Thanks again!

Old 04-19-2011 | 01:20 PM
Gknight
|

Amazing but easy fix. Car stereo guy checked the wiring to the headlights. Headlights were loose in the sockets causing a short. Never would have guessed. Praize God! your headlights!

Quick Reply: No lights in Cluster. Help!