Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Looking for an answer?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 10:37 AM
lbnrose
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Looking for an answer?

Is this the correct forum to ask a question about the crankshaft damper on a 2005 Stratus 2.4L DOHC PZEV Engine? I am changing the timing belt, but the damper will not clear the body rail to remove the damper fully? Any ideas? Thank You, Lauren.

Old 04-10-2011, 01:48 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts

Welcome to DF

Yes this is the right forum. You may need to remove the motor mount and lower the engine down to clear the frame rail.

Old 04-12-2011, 08:07 PM
lbnrose
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another step closer

I have the Haynes manual and removed the motor mount and bracket, but the damper was still contacting the frame rail. Once you stated I was doing it correctly, I worked at it a little more and was able to get it down enough to clear and get it off. Now if I could only find a camshaft sprocket holder I could get to the next step and change the tensioner and the water pump. What a job! Since this is an interference engine and it just quit going down the highway, is all this work for nothing?? I have rotated the camshaft gears and there does not seem to be any resistance. The belt teeth were stripped so turning the car over trying to start it, there were no odd noises inside the head so I am hoping the valves will be alright.

Old 04-12-2011, 10:44 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts

If you need a picture on how the timing should look, I do have them and can email to you. If you need it,send me a pm with you email address. Yes it a bit of a job.

Quick Reply: Looking for an answer?