Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.
Old 08-05-2015, 07:49 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Exterior
Print Wikipost

2003 Stratus sedan water leak

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 08:44 AM
gliderman8
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On my wife's Stratus I pulled out the passenger seat and all the carpet front and rear and hung it up to dry; then I sprinkled baking soda on the jute material and let it sit for about a week before I vacuumed it up. Since I made the fix to the drain around October, I have yet to find out if it is draining properly since we haven't run the AC here in the Northeast.
It's really a shame that Dodge didn't offer a recall for the problem.

Old 03-06-2012, 01:31 PM
traceyface1

Originally Posted by jmartin99
I went out and looked at it some more. I noticed that the floor directly under the drivers seat was also pretty wet. Is it possible the drain is plugged up and the moisture is traveling down the vent tube that goes under the console and dumps under the seats? I need to go check and see if the floor under the passenger seat is wet.

Also is there a way under the carpet for the water to get to the front floor from under the seat? If so, I think I know where it is coming from!!

Jeff
Hi, I was wondering if you ever found out what your water leak came from? I have a 2003 Dodge Stratus SXT and the drivers side is so badly soaked...I have actually been in it when it was raining and seen that water was coming from around the bottom of the dash near the floor...I can only imagine whats under the carpet.. Thanks for your help.

Old 03-06-2012, 02:11 PM
gliderman8

The water was coming in because the AC drain was not draining to the outside. Instead, it was coming in on the passenger side just below the AC/Heater box allowing water to flood the front and rear... it could also make the drivers side wet as well.
I've made the fix by getting alternate drain tubes but have yet to find out if it works since we have not run the AC yet.

Old 10-21-2013, 10:44 AM
T Wagoner

Originally Posted by BillS
there is a technical service bulletin a revised drain tube ,that might help it has pictures that usually don't show up the right way on here if you want you can send me your email and i'll send them.Raise the vehicle on an appropriate hoist.
8.Remove the HVAC drain tube from the dash panel by squeezing and pulling on the tube near the dash panel..Install drain tube adapter, p/n 05191188AA, onto the HVAC drain nipple, (Fig. 1).
10.Install the revised drain tube, p/n 05264688, onto the drain tube adapter so the down tube is positioned at 7 o'clock when looking toward the rear of the vehicle.
11.Seal the opening in the dash panel where the HVAC drain tube passes through with RTV sealer, p/n 82300234.
12.Lower the vehicle.
Could you send me the photos for the Service bulletin to fix the air conditioner drain on a 2003 Stratus?
Thanks

Old 10-21-2013, 07:43 PM
BillS
Captain

Originally Posted by T Wagoner
Could you send me the photos for the Service bulletin to fix the air conditioner drain on a 2003 Stratus?
Thanks
sorry don't have that picture anymore, my computer died that I had it on, no longer have my stratus, its an easy job think the way they worded tsb was to complicated, the drain is right behind and above the front cross member on firewall , where the drain is, they consider that the dash panel

Old 10-21-2013, 07:58 PM
gliderman8

BillS is correct... it is an easy job for the most part. I did two cars with the kit you can order from the dealer. Basically, you remove the drain tube and insert a longer one and redirect it to drain outside the car. Both of the Stratus's I've done have been fine. Wish I still had the instructions to send you.

Old 12-01-2013, 05:47 PM
mbjcaylor
Default Water leak when it rains

My wife's car has developed this problem when it rains.Drivers side floor get soaked.Parking out front of my house is on a slope and if I turn the car aound with left side facing up hill the floor stays dry and water seems to collect on the plastic at bottom of door frame and run outside of vehicle.Possible door seal issue?

Old 12-01-2013, 06:03 PM
gliderman8

Could be the seal as you mention.... but not the same problem regarding leaking from the drain tube.

Old 12-01-2013, 10:52 PM
BillS
Captain

Originally Posted by mbjcaylor
My wife's car has developed this problem when it rains.Drivers side floor get soaked.Parking out front of my house is on a slope and if I turn the car aound with left side facing up hill the floor stays dry and water seems to collect on the plastic at bottom of door frame and run outside of vehicle.Possible door seal issue?
check drain holes underneath door and front fender make sure there not clogged, does it have a sun/moon roof think drain runs along front door pillar could be clogged ,or could be seal

Old 12-02-2013, 10:26 PM
mbjcaylor

Thanks to all for your replies.Yes it does have a sunroof.

Quick Reply: 2003 Stratus sedan water leak