Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.
Old 08-05-2015, 07:49 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Exterior
Print Wikipost

2003 Stratus sedan water leak

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 05:05 PM
Rocket67
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got one of these for my daugher and it smells musty and the seat legs on the passenger side are rusted...I was thinking there might be a water problem but am glad I came across this. I will get that fixed while I am doing other work on the car.

Old 09-06-2011, 03:31 PM
gliderman8
Default Cogged AC drain update...

Originally Posted by gliderman8
Thanks for the info BillS. I will get it up on jack stands or a ramp and have a look. It's amazing just how much water is under the passenger seat. Will let you know how it goes... thanks again!
Update...
On Friday I jacked the car up and located the drain tube (thanks bills!).... I used a garden hose with a small diameter tube at the end and inserted it into the AC drain. I turned the water on and off a couple of times to force water into the drain tube. I'm sad to say that after a three hour trip in the car the passenger side carpet is completely saturated with water and lots of it!!!
Anything else I can try?

Old 09-06-2011, 08:07 PM
BillS
Captain

there is a technical service bulletin a revised drain tube ,that might help it has pictures that usually don't show up the right way on here if you want you can send me your email and i'll send them.Raise the vehicle on an appropriate hoist.
8.Remove the HVAC drain tube from the dash panel by squeezing and pulling on the tube near the dash panel..Install drain tube adapter, p/n 05191188AA, onto the HVAC drain nipple, (Fig. 1).
10.Install the revised drain tube, p/n 05264688, onto the drain tube adapter so the down tube is positioned at 7 o'clock when looking toward the rear of the vehicle.
11.Seal the opening in the dash panel where the HVAC drain tube passes through with RTV sealer, p/n 82300234.
12.Lower the vehicle.

Old 09-06-2011, 09:35 PM
gliderman8
Default Service bulletin

BillS.... just sent you a PM

Old 09-09-2011, 10:54 PM
stratusdriver06
Default very useful!

eveyone's input is very useful, does anyone know how much it would cost to fix if I take the TSB with me and ask the dealer to do it?

Thanx guys

Old 09-10-2011, 12:24 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

You would need to ask the dealer what their labor rate is to do the repairs.

Old 09-10-2011, 11:25 AM
gliderman8

Originally Posted by stratusdriver06
eveyone's input is very useful, does anyone know how much it would cost to fix if I take the TSB with me and ask the dealer to do it?

Thanx guys
I have no idea what the dealer will charge to fix as I intend to get the parts and put them in my self. It does not look all that difficult to do.
It's too bad that Dodge doesn't make this fix for free as most all Stratus's have this problem. My daughter also has a Stratus and has the very same problem.

Old 02-29-2012, 07:48 AM
puetrico82

Does anyone know where i can purchase a carpet for a 05 stratus sedan? I'm having same problem and on the internet i can't find any for my year. Thank You

Old 02-29-2012, 11:31 AM
gliderman8
Default Wet Carpet

Don't know where you can get the carpet, but without fixing the drain, you will only end up with NEW WET CARPET!
As a matter of fact, yesterday I picked up the parts (new drain tubes) so I can do my daughters cars in the next couple of weeks.

Old 03-01-2012, 08:20 AM
Rocket67
Professional

I hit mine with an air compressor and it seemed to be pretty free flowing. Not sure but don't think it's clogged. I haven't driven it enough to know if the carpet is still getting wet. The other day I actually saw water on the driveway when I backed out...this was after the car had been running. I guess my mother must have left some windows open or something. I'll just make sure to shoot some lysol in there every few months to keep mold from growing in there and clogging it up. Maybe pour some bleach in there but not exactly sure how that would work.

Quick Reply: 2003 Stratus sedan water leak