Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Dash Removal???

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011 | 01:38 PM
jmartin99
|
Amateur
Default Dash Removal???

Has anyone ever tackled removing the dash to re-seal the A/C system to prevent water on the floorboards? I would like to know of any problems you had during the job and would love to hear any pointers you might have to make the job a little easier.

When you remove the dash, does the Heater/AC box come out with the dash or can you take the dash out and leave the heater box in place? Also once you get the dash out can you open the box and re-seal it and/or clean any blockages out without disconnecting the A/C system? I sure hope so!!!

If anyone has any pictures or detailed instructions I would REALLY appreciate you sharing them with me.

Thanks! This is a great site!!!

Jeff

Old 04-29-2011 | 10:57 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech

Hi Jeff
I guess you are working on a 1999 stratus?

Old 04-30-2011 | 09:56 AM
BillS
Captain

Jeff never tried it ,if you want i can email you directions on how to take dash out on an 04 sedan(SE) should be similar to an 03 different trim levels give you basic idea on how to remove, yes you can remove dash without taking out heater box

Old 04-30-2011 | 10:43 AM
jmartin99
|
Amateur
Default Dash Removal

BillS that would be awesome if you could email me whatever you have on removing the dash. Once you remove the dash can you get the box apart to clean it out without disturbing the A/C system? I sure hope so.

I am going to attempt to see if the drain tube is blocked and see if it is if I can get something up in there to remove the crap. The guy I bought the car from said they had to remove a mouse nest from the fan because the car sat for six months before I bought it so I bet there is other crap up in there that is blocking the water from draining properly.

MasterTech I am working on a 2003 SXT sedan.

Thanks!

Jeff
nod42rog@yahoo.com

Quick Reply: Dash Removal???