Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

brake AND ABS lights on + other concerns

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 01:46 AM
davidccs
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brake AND ABS lights on + other concerns

Hello,
I have owned a 05 stratus 2.7L with 93000 miles from about 3 years now and recently both the brake light AND the ABS lights have been turning on whenever I start the car and drive it around.

I took it to a local shop where they hooked the abs computer but the tech said that no codes came up, so they decided that the problem was the abs module that went bad and needed to be replaced.
How accurate do you guys believe that diagnosis is?
If you agree, I was told the part would cost around $200 and that installation would be $150, is that regular for this part? I saw it on ebay going for $50 so Im wondering if the shop is trying to rip me off.

Also, My tranny has been doing some hard shifting lately, but its not consistent, it happens out of the blue but itll go back to smooth shifting as fast as it starting acting up, Should I be worried that my transmition is about to go?
I plan on getting the oil changed (first time since bought used with 43k miles) so hopefully that'll smooth out the kink.

Lastly, as I said the car is at 93000 and all Ive done to it is regular oil changes (just switched to synthetic oil and so far no leaks), tires and brakes, air filter and spark plugs. Is there any other maintenance work I should do as the car nears the 100K miles mark? I'm trying to prevent it from have a sudden death syndrome on me.

Thanks in advanced for your help!

Quick Reply: brake AND ABS lights on + other concerns