Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

98 Stratus Stalls When Warmed Up

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 05:41 PM
Adoyser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 Stratus Stalls When Warmed Up

Greetings Perhaps someone can help me,

My Dads 98 Stratus keeps stalling when it gets warm we have changed all the relays, the plugs/wires/coil pack and even the brain. Nothing works there is no CEL so we can't even have someone check the codes for us. It is getting frustrating after 20 min or so it starts and runs fine and we can usually get it home. We can not figure out the problem any help would be much appreciated

Old 06-07-2011, 11:01 AM
ratsttam
Captain

Have you checked the O2 sensors, as well as the MAF sensor? They are known for causing issues once a car is running for a while.

What does the stall feel like when it happens? Is it a sudden surge and slow down, or is it like someone put the car in N and turned off the key?

Old 06-07-2011, 01:10 PM
mikeso20

As strange as it seems I was having prolblems with my starter, and the car would stall once I slowed down to a stop. Once I changed my starter it never stalled again. If you have starter issues it might just be it if not it's probably something else.

Old 06-07-2011, 01:11 PM
Adoyser

No I haven't checked either of those because I thought that a sensor would trip the CEL and the CEL is not on at all when hooked up to a computer it gives no code as for how it feels sometimes it bucks other times it just dies

Quick Reply: 98 Stratus Stalls When Warmed Up