Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Loud Humming in rear of 03 Stratus Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 06:47 PM
j.benner84
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loud Humming in rear of 03 Stratus Coupe

Im sorry if Im posting this in the wrong place but Ive been searching for a similar problem and can't find one. I can hear a humming which seems to be coming from the rear of the car. It starts at around 30mph or so and continues to get louder the faster I go. It doesnt matter if Im going straight or turning, Ive tried that. At around 65 or so it almost seems to to get louder and then quieter and back and forth. When the windows are down I can't hear anything, but if they are up it almost drowns the entire cars interior. Now it does have Dynomat in the trunk when I bought it so maybe its aplifying the noise from wherever its coming from but I have no clue what it could be. The tires are slightly used. Bridgestone Potenzas inflated properly. No shaking or vibrations. Any suggestions would be extremely helpful.

03 Stratus SE coupe
5 Speed
135k miles

Old 06-30-2011, 01:57 PM
GALVANIZEDYANKEE
Professional

Wheel bearing?????

Old 08-15-2012, 12:15 AM
dodgemramem

Originally Posted by GALVANIZEDYANKEE
Wheel bearing?????
Most likely a wheel bearing. Easy to fix. Hard to diagnose which one it is.

Do you notice the sound is stronger when you turn a certain direction.

I recently replaced the front left wheel hub assembly because I had a bad bearing. Fixed the humming noise. It's an easy repair and cheap too if you are somewhat mechanically minded.

Quick Reply: Loud Humming in rear of 03 Stratus Coupe