Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

To sell or not to sell my '00 Stratus

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011 | 09:09 PM
massiveian

Originally Posted by ratsttam
with it being the sensor, would that keep the pump from, well, pumping when there is power going to it? I've had the crank sensor go on my T&C, and it didn't act quite the same. This acted like it simply ran out of fuel (sputter and slow down), the sensor acted like it was a sudden shutdown (like someone turned the key off).
Well when it did it to me the first time it sputtered, the next time it was as if the ignition was shut off.....however i was doing about 70 on the highway when it happened the second time....by the way, not fun doing 70 with no power steering lol.
If it always sputters when it dies i would definitely look more at the fuel system.

Old 07-14-2011 | 08:20 AM
ratsttam
|
Captain

Well, I bit the bullet and sold the car. I'm kind of sad to get rid of it, and will miss the handling of the dual wishbone suspension. I was made an offer of $50 more than I originally bought it for, with the buyer looking it over and accepting the cars issues (and that it's a AS-IS sale).

Thank you all for the assistance with keeping this car road worth for me and my family. I'll be around for quite a while, but obviously won't be able to look at how things are wired in the car anymore...

Quick Reply: To sell or not to sell my '00 Stratus