Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

01 Stratus RT spark plug advice please

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 01:38 AM
satchmob
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 Stratus RT spark plug advice please

New to the board. came mainly to look for this info and to see what others are having problems with, with their Statuses. 25 pages into this section of the board and everyone seems laid back and helpful.

It's time to change the spark plugs, and I was curious about what spark plugs will and will not work with the 3.0. I've owned Hondas and the only plugs I could use reliably in them was the recommended NGK plugs. That's why I am a little curious about whether anyone else has tried platinums, iridiums, or any other plugs that work well, or more importantly are a waste of money. If you have any that worked really well, what brand, type, and gapping if you remember.

Thanks if you are able to help out.

Old 07-14-2011, 11:39 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

Welcome to DF
You can use either champion or NGK. the part number for the champ is RC10YC4 gap .040. Or the double platinum RC10PYP4 gap .040. If you need a wire set the part number MD361060.

Old 07-16-2011, 04:28 PM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Lift the hood to the engine. There will be a sticker near the latch that tells you exactly what kind of spark plug to use.

Old 07-18-2011, 01:56 AM
satchmob
Default thanks

thanks for the responses.
I intended to get "performance" plug suggestions, and not just what is mfg suggested.

Old 07-24-2011, 01:09 AM
peterski89

i used.. umm.. they had nascar on the box.. got the for quite a pretty penny... i think iridiums,.. but i want to upgrade to really high end plugs for better performance.. i noticed my car tends to run better with premium fuel as well. so i have been visiting Shell lately, as well as puting a fuel additive, like Lucas.. i believe that helps as well.

Old 07-24-2011, 08:54 AM
shanem107

Yeah I believe that sticker has you use Autolite something sparkplugs, but Make sure you got the high quality ones because with the 3.0L v6, they are a bitch and very time consuming to change all six. It says in my dodge manual to change the wires/cap everytime you change the plugs too.

Quick Reply: 01 Stratus RT spark plug advice please