Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Water on driver side of Car?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 01:35 PM
NMen121
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water on driver side of Car?

I have a 2001 Dodge Stratus R/T Coupe, and the car is fantastic except for a slight water problem (I know it's water because I touched and smelled it). There's water on the driver's side that goes back to the back seats and I don't know what's causing it. I've looked under the carpet on the passenger side and it's dry, so I'm assuming it's safe to rule out a clogged a/c drain. It's been raining in Florida non-stop for weeks now, and I'm positive the sunroof does not leak. I've look in the interior of the car after heavy rain to see if there were leaks on the doors, chairs and dashboard, but nothing. I don't see this as a problem but, when it does rain the inside of the car gets EXTREMELY foggy when parked (and no one is inside). I'm assuming the fog is caused by the water absorbed by the carpet and insulation.

Old 07-18-2011, 09:30 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 93 Likes on 79 Posts

You may need to remove the headliner and check the drain tubes or the seal around the sunroof glass is leaking.

Quick Reply: Water on driver side of Car?