Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

wanna retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 04:12 PM
JayJayfrmny
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wanna retrofit

hey guys, i wanna retrofit projectors on my headlights and wanted to know if anyone has tried it and how difficult it is, thanks in advance

Old 07-19-2011, 08:53 AM
ratsttam
Captain

I've seen kits with the projectors.
The process you'll have to do, is remove your headlights, "bake" them at a low temperature to soften the adhesive, mount the projector, and re-seal them after aligning the light output. I have not seen anyone with a Stratus do this project, but there is no reason it cannot be done. Main concern is to get a good balast kit, cheap kits will burn out the balasts rather quickly leaving you without lights. There is a guy on the Chrysler Van forum that added projectors to his Town & Country.

http://forum.chryslerminivan.net/sho...K-do-not-apply)

Old 07-19-2011, 04:24 PM
JayJayfrmny

i saw a few retrofit kits here: http://www.theretrofitsource.com/ ....I checked a few vids on youtube too and found it a little intimidating...the only thing im worried about is the look afterward...dont want it to look like some reject retrofit lmao

Old 07-23-2011, 10:36 PM
peterski89

hey.. check out my album.. i will upload more pictures.. i first made my headlights clear lens,, and a few weeks later, i bought projectors and installed them.. cost about $250 - $300 and took about 45min - 1hr per side.. remember the amount of prep work you put into it, will make it a better finish.. always take your time and be sure to have backup, in the event this is your only car. im available if you have questions about the retrofit process. also Matt @ TRS (theretrofitsource) is a good guy to speak to, as he used to drive a 2nd Gen Stratus Coupe

Old 07-23-2011, 10:37 PM
peterski89

Note: i will be redoing mine to add angel eyes, and led lighting stripe, and do a custom paint job. im curently waiting on my clear lens for the tail lights.

Quick Reply: wanna retrofit