Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

I NEED SOMEONES OPINION-p0306

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 06:07 PM
chuckv.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question I NEED SOMEONES OPINION-p0306

hi im new to the site and i just reccently had my check engine light come up and i checked it out and got the code p0306-which is the cylinder 6 misfire code. im supposed to be leaving on a trip tomarrow night and i was wondering if this is something that can be put off or it needs to be serviced. the trip is four hours and i will be gone for a week, so if it can be put off then it won't be serviced for about the next week to 10 days, so i just want to know if it can live that long. it has been running fine for the past day(when the check engine light came on) and i just want to know if im going to have problems with it.

if anyone knows anything about this that would be great, i dont need a pro mechanic's opinion(although that wouldn't be a bad idea) i just want someone who knows what to do with this.

im obviously not the smartest one when it comes to car mechanics, and to me it doesn't sound like a piston misfire is the greatest thing, so i'm lost.

Old 07-30-2011, 07:20 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

Welcome to DF
One quick fix would be try one new spark plug and if that doesn't fix it, then the next step is find out why you having a misfire problem.

Old 07-31-2011, 01:15 PM
chuckv.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well is it something that can be put off?

Old 07-31-2011, 04:10 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

No, Because if you don't fix the problem now. You will have a bigger problem later.

Quick Reply: I NEED SOMEONES OPINION-p0306