Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Cutting the antenna for 2001 Stratus R/T?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 07:28 PM
NMen121
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cutting the antenna for 2001 Stratus R/T?

The stock antenna's on these cars are long and very unappealing. I would be willing to buy one but they are hard to find, and paying $30 for a piece of metal doesn't sound worth it. I've heard of people cutting off the antenna and rounding off the sharp edges, but I don't know if that will affect reception.

If anyone can confirm that cutting the antenna will not affect the reception, then I'm going to cut it and leave about 8 inches on the antenna. Saves me the time and money

Old 08-20-2011, 11:02 PM
BillS
Captain

most likely would cut down on reception ,how much depends on where you live and drive(close to city or transmitter),terrain interference(buildings,mountains etc.), may lose weak stations and am stations

Old 08-21-2011, 07:17 AM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I cut mine in half years ago. Looked way too much like an R/C car. I really didnt notice poorer reception; either it was too long to begin with or the radio waves are strong where Im at.

Old 08-21-2011, 09:25 AM
NMen121

I think I'll cut it today. I live in Florida and the terrain is flat, I do live in a major city of central Florida so I think I'll take the risk of cutting the antenna. The car really does look like an R/C car with this gigantic antenna lol.. I'll post an update today if the car looses any noticeable reception or quality

Old 08-22-2011, 10:37 PM
NMen121

Update: I cut it leaving about 8 inches and I'm pleased that I will still be able to listen to the radio. For me there's no loss in reception or quality

Old 08-26-2011, 09:15 AM
ratsttam
Captain

Originally Posted by NMen121
Update: I cut it leaving about 8 inches and I'm pleased that I will still be able to listen to the radio. For me there's no loss in reception or quality
That's awesome to know for your location.
Where I'm at, to get decent FM (hilly terrain, long distances from transmitter) would require having a 10ft antenna whipping around. I opted for satellite radio, but also found internal amplified fm antennas to work pretty good. And if you're good at body work, or don't mind a stub, you can completely remove the outside whip antenna.

Quick Reply: Cutting the antenna for 2001 Stratus R/T?