Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

need help with 2002 dodge stratus es

Old 09-04-2011, 10:20 PM
kolbrak
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with 2002 dodge stratus es

I just had an entire engine rebuilt and the small block replaced, new gaskets, camshafts, rockers, spark plugs, etc.. the entire works. The engine cranks hard but wont turn over or start. Any suggestions would be sincerely and greatly appreciated. I have already spent over $1000 bucks on parts alone, nothing on labor, and my car has been in the shop for 2 months. The mechanic is stumped as to why it won't start. It has compression, spark, etc. and the computer was hooked up to it and it read everything was fine. The car cranks up extremely hard and wears the brand new battery down but wont turn over or start.

Old 09-04-2011, 10:45 PM
kolbrak
Default Need HELP with 2002 Dodge Stratus ES

Just had the entire engine replaced and rebuilt and it cranks but wont turn over or start. It has compression, spark, fuel, all fluids, and the computer box was hooked up to it and the readings were perfect. no errors. The starter is new and battery is new too, and when you turn the key, the starter sounds slow and tight and wears the new battery down. She just wont start or turn completely over. Any suggestions??? Please send helpful information to kolbrakkenneth@yahoo.com. PLEASE>>>>>

Old 09-05-2011, 08:39 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

ENGINE SIZE please.

Old 09-18-2011, 10:01 PM
gimmeaford

an ES only comes with a 2.7 in 2002.

Old 09-19-2011, 10:20 AM
TNtech
Dodge Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by gimmeaford
an ES only comes with a 2.7 in 2002.
Basic info needed EVERY thread starter. When you look up technical info, they don't list ES, TSI, RT, etc. and i'm surely not going to go hunt down his own info for him. Someone could have wrecked the rear and repaired it then stuck an ES decal on the decklid. You know how many HEMI decals I run across on 2.7 and 3.5 cars? lolz

Old 09-20-2011, 12:50 PM
kolbrak

It is a 2002 Dodge Stratus ES 2.7L DOHC

Old 09-20-2011, 12:53 PM
kolbrak

I changed cams 180 out and couldn't crank by hand, so put it back in the way the book says and put timing back on to factory settings(lined it all up with the timing marks from manufacture), fires better and faster but still not turning over or starting.

Old 09-20-2011, 01:33 PM
TNtech
Dodge Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by kolbrak
I changed cams 180 out and couldn't crank by hand, so put it back in the way the book says .
Dude! You can't do that it's an interference engine. There are so many factors here I don't know where to start. Engine replaced or rebuilt? Who did the work, a buddy or a shop?

Old 09-22-2011, 02:30 PM
gimmeaford

Originally Posted by TNtech
Basic info needed EVERY thread starter. When you look up technical info, they don't list ES, TSI, RT, etc. and i'm surely not going to go hunt down his own info for him. Someone could have wrecked the rear and repaired it then stuck an ES decal on the decklid. You know how many HEMI decals I run across on 2.7 and 3.5 cars? lolz

My appologies

Old 09-22-2011, 05:47 PM
TNtech
Dodge Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by gimmeaford
My appologies
Aw man I wasn't trying to be a richard head. My apologies likewise. I've seen threads where they start out saying something and everyone chimes in, then a page amd a half later it's like no, no, no it's a 4 cylinder.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: need help with 2002 dodge stratus es