Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

1997 Dodge Stratus -- HELP

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 09:34 PM
MrHatchi87
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 1997 Dodge Stratus -- HELP

I own a 1997 dodge stratus base model with 157,XXX miles on it. It has the ABS light on since i bought it last year, no issues there. the only recurring thing that i cannot figure out is why it lurches, sputters at 45-50 mph. It feels like im dragging something heavy. I cannot for the life of me figure what is wrong with it. im trying to fix it without taking it to a mechanic or dealership. i might change the sparkplugs, im runnig 87-89 octane on average, and i use a bottle of fuel injector cleaner once a month. would it be possible that the EGR valve is causing this issue? any feedback would be appreciated, also if there is any additional information that is needed, let me know

Old 09-14-2011, 10:33 PM
MrHatchi87
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also have read that it could be possible that the O2 sensors might be bad, but its not throwing and check engine codes or light. If i have to i can get new wires for the distributor, but i hope it doesn't come to that. Also i have the 2.4L Inline 4, with an automatic trans. I wish that it would throw a code, then i could atleast diagnose it. again, any help would be appreciated

Quick Reply: 1997 Dodge Stratus -- HELP