Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

02 Stratus Coupe Growning noise

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 10:55 PM
Firefox60
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 Stratus Coupe Growning noise

I currently own a dodge stratus 2002 with about 85k miles on it and the noise is killing me. It seem to have gotten worse over the year iv owned it. The noise is when the gas is pushed a mild creek will be audiable then when you come to a stop it does the same thing but while driving on cruise no noise is produced. Its only when the gas is pushed or the breaks are. Does anyone know what this could be and if you need more information to help me diagnos it please let me know To be honest it sounds like a door "errrrk" type of sound. I dont know if its something major but the sound is killing me thanks for the help!

Old 09-13-2011, 12:49 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

Welcome to DF
My first guess would be wheel bearings. But you do need to isolate the noise. Is it coming from the engine or transmission? You may need to have the car on a lift to find the noise.

Old 09-13-2011, 04:40 PM
Firefox60

Ok well it also happens when I change gears if that helps and if it's the trans then is it the whole transmition or just a part?

Old 09-13-2011, 11:15 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

Do you have a manual transmission or automatic? If its a manual transmission, try replacing the oil. If its an automatic, drop the pan and inspect for debris.

Old 09-15-2011, 02:29 PM
Firefox60

I noticed that it happens really bad when driving on a bumpy road so I was wondering if it could be the shocks. It viberates on the floor of the drivers area and creeks from that area. So could it be the shocks?

Quick Reply: 02 Stratus Coupe Growning noise