Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Cold Air Intake And Exhaust Mods

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 05:58 PM
Joshfinn
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cai

Just installed my new cold air intake. It would have been simple but the beer was impairing my thoughts. Took about 2 hours total and has a cool sound to it. Definitely a noticeable power gain, i don't have money to run a dyno but she's got a little more pep than before.

Question... While test driving, my exhaust broke right behind the cat, ive been wanting to get a new muffler anyway so i guess this is my excuse. Anyways, im looking for suggestions for an aggressive sounding muffler with a chrome tip. I've looked on youtube but its hard to tell what sounds good..

Heres the CAI

http://www.amazon.com/Dodge-Stratus-...2261508&sr=8-3

Old 03-06-2012, 08:02 AM
rock8troid

i just had my valves changed due to the nonresistant motor .any how are the hydrolic lifters suposed to tap loudly my mech says they will stop after a few runs with it is my mec pullin my chain

Old 03-06-2012, 08:05 AM
rock8troid

hell no at least not myself

Old 03-06-2012, 08:14 AM
rock8troid

i just had my valves changed due to the nonresistant motor .any how are the hydrolic lifters suposed to tap loudly my mech says they will stop after a few runs with it is my mec pullin my chain help this forum has me lost im about to say screwthis

Old 03-06-2012, 08:20 AM
rock8troid
Old 01-18-2013, 02:07 PM
geo789

i have 04 stratus coupe body kit for sale, anybody interested ?

Old 02-21-2013, 12:38 PM
Quise08

Hey people! Can sombody explain to me why people say stay away from 1999 dodge stratus? im considering buying one with 94k for 2,600 from a friend, he did a lot of work on it and it runs great... he did the timing belt, tires, brake, fuel pump, fuel injectors, new cam sensor, new freeze plug and flushed the trans out and refilled it. To me the car is in good condition but when i bring this car up in my class at UTI they shake there head and say dont buy it and that the trans sucks on it... is the trans that bad and if so can i just swap it with a dfferent trans and keep this car alive

Old 05-12-2013, 01:54 PM
emgworldwide

Originally Posted by Joshfinn
Just installed my new cold air intake. It would have been simple but the beer was impairing my thoughts. Took about 2 hours total and has a cool sound to it. Definitely a noticeable power gain, i don't have money to run a dyno but she's got a little more pep than before.

Question... While test driving, my exhaust broke right behind the cat, ive been wanting to get a new muffler anyway so i guess this is my excuse. Anyways, im looking for suggestions for an aggressive sounding muffler with a chrome tip. I've looked on youtube but its hard to tell what sounds good..

Heres the CAI

....this true? Looking for power improvements

Old 08-04-2013, 02:06 PM
Raist5305

Originally Posted by Joshfinn

Heres the CAI

A dynomax super turbo is what I had put in my Stratus RT and it sounds amazing once I cut the resonators out!

Old 08-04-2013, 02:11 PM
Raist5305

Originally Posted by cll196
hey, trying to find headers and exhaust for 2002 Stratus r/t, any help, please. Possible supercharger?

Thanks, Chris
You will have to do loads of mods in order to mount a supercharger. But it's possible. At one point in time they used to sell supercharger kits for the stratus you may just have to do some searching.

Quick Reply: Cold Air Intake And Exhaust Mods