Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

1998 dodge stratus error codes

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 11:49 AM
kaillion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1998 dodge stratus error codes

Hello folks, I have a 98 dodge stratus 2.4L and get codes module 40 module 41 (no clue about them. I also get error codes p1297 MAP sensor? and P0172 Fuel Trim System Rich Bank 1 not sure about that one either. Could someone please help me? My car just dies when slowing down to stop Rpm drop from 850 to 0 starts right back up in nuetral though

Old 02-18-2012, 03:07 PM
BillS
Captain

not sure about module codes ,1297 could be as simple as a vacuum leak to a bad map sensor to ecm problems
SYMPTOM
P1297-NO CHANGE IN MAP FROM START TO RUN

WHEN MONITORED
With engine RPM +/- 64 of target idle and the throttle blade at closed throttle.

SET CONDITION
Too small of a difference is seen between barometric pressure with ignition on (engine running) and manifold vacuum for 8.80 seconds .

POSSIBLE CAUSES

• Good trip equal to zero
  • (K6) 5-volt supply circuit shorted to ground
  • (K6) 5-volt supply circuit open
  • MAP sensor internal failure
  • (K1) MAP sensor signal circuit shorted to ground
  • (K1) MAP sensor signal circuit shorted to (K4) sensor ground circuit
  • (K1) MAP 5-volt supply circuit open
  • MAP sensor vacuum port
  • MAP sensor
SYMPTOM
P0172-1/1 FUEL SYSTEM RICH

WHEN MONITORED
With the engine running in closed loop mode, the ambient/battery temperature above 20 deg. F and altitude below 8000 ft .

SET CONDITION
If the PCM multiplies short term compensation by long term adaptive and the result is below a certain value for two trips, a freeze frame is stored, the MIL illuminates and a trouble code is stored.

POSSIBLE CAUSES

• Good trip equal to zero
  • O2 sensor heater operation
  • O2 sensor
  • Evap purge solenoid operation
  • O2 sensor signal circuit shorted to voltage
  • O2 sensor signal circuit open
  • TP sensor voltage greater than 0.92 volts with throttle closed
  • TP sensor sweep
  • MAP sensor operation
  • ECT sensor operation
  • Engine mechanical problem
  • Fuel filter/pressure regulator (high)
  • PCM

Old 02-18-2012, 04:16 PM
kaillion

Thanks Bills, I will have to google alot of that to make sense of it. I am more of a pc geek than a mechanic. I could have been barking up the wrong tree though will have to wait until i can get it on a computer again to see if it has new codes. Changed the MAP sensor and the pvc valve. Unplugged the neg terminal for 30 seconds and the check engine light went out (it has been on since I owned the car) could have been old codes. When i start it, it will idle fine but after giving it gas it will run rough and try to stall when i slow down or put it in nuetral while driving

Quick Reply: 1998 dodge stratus error codes