Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Stratus Sedan or Avenger Coupe??

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 06:21 PM
smokesxt
Record Breaker
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey no harm here. I generally come off the same way.

As far as what your looking for the 3.0 stick would be your choice. The 2.4 is a little anemic, and the 2.7 is fast but lacks low end.

Old 02-26-2012, 06:28 PM
smokesxt
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by HemiMoparGuy1981
Ok, you mentioned problem years with the 2.7...what are those so I can avoid them if I look into an RT Sedan? I just want a sporty look, which 4 doors just seem to kill...unless we are talking a Charger with a Hemi...but then, that was a car built to be sporty with a V8, and just offers a V6 for economy...the Stratus seems to be opposite, built for a 4 dr family car, but made some sportier versions...the coupe eliminates that part of the Stratus. But I will look at some RT Sedans, as I recall the headlights are different and give it a different look, maybe I can settle for something like that
They claim up to 03, but my buddy has an 01 that is still going strong at 185k, so I think it more came down to taking care of it.

The only difference in the RT sedan and the SXT sedan is 4 wheel disc, 17" wheels, optional manual, and some little stuff.

The manual with the 2.7 is a potent combo. My buddy's I mentioned has a SRI and a stage 3 clutch. He can keep up with me up to 60 mph.

Old 02-26-2012, 06:32 PM
smokesxt
Record Breaker

The RT sedan looks sportier.

Old 02-26-2012, 06:39 PM
HemiMoparGuy1981
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by smokesxt
Hey no harm here. I generally come off the same way.

As far as what your looking for the 3.0 stick would be your choice. The 2.4 is a little anemic, and the 2.7 is fast but lacks low end.
Perfect explanation...that's about the same reason I like the 2.6L Mitsu's a lot more than the 2.5L Chryslers either of the turbo or not but respectivly. The 2.5's seem to have higher end power band and usually higher top end, but you'll be damned to touch the mitsu before about 60.

Though it figures, you about had me talked into the R/T Sedan...then come back with this, pushing me right back to where I was...LOL

Last edited by HemiMoparGuy1981; 02-26-2012 at 07:23 PM.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:24 PM
smokesxt
Record Breaker

The RT sedan with the stick almost makes up for the lack of low end and is hella fun to drive especially at its limits. The RT coupe is a better in town low end powerhouse, but lacks the high rev fun and distinct exhaust note. The 3.0 seems to always have a ricey sound. The 2.7 done like mine sounds totally different then anything on the road (aka AWESOME).

Old 02-26-2012, 08:33 PM
smokesxt
Record Breaker

This is my sedan. It's gonna be sittin lower in a couple weeks when all my parts get here.

Old 02-27-2012, 05:15 AM
HemiMoparGuy1981
Veteran

The RT sedan with the stick almost makes up for the lack of low end and is hella fun to drive especially at its limits. The RT coupe is a better in town low end powerhouse, but lacks the high rev fun and distinct exhaust note. The 3.0 seems to always have a ricey sound. The 2.7 done like mine sounds totally different then anything on the road (aka AWESOME).
Grr, I need to quit reading your posts now, my brain keeps jumping back and forth as to which I should look for. I guess I need to find one of each near enough by me to go test drive and decide which I really want. Problem is R/T Sedan's with a manual so far don't seem too readily available close enough to me to just go drive one...I don't mind traveling 500-1000 miles to buy the car I want, but it's abit steep just for a test drive to make up my mind. Any websites besides Auto Trader, Cars.com seemed to have all the same stuff, or Craigs List that I can use to search for R/T Sedan manual? I have coupes up the ying yang within 100-150 miles, but no sedans...I guess It doesn't even have to be an R/T Sedan, just a 2.7 stick...but I can't find those either.

It does stand to reason the 3.0 would have a ricey sound, it's a Mistubishi motor...but I've never cared for that sound...UGH, now I just Dunno....

Old 02-27-2012, 04:43 PM
smokesxt
Record Breaker

Best bet find one of each and see which you like.
Another friend of mine has an 02 RT sedan stick with 110k, he's looking for 4500, but you'd have a drive to check it out.

Sedans with sticks are rare.

Old 02-27-2012, 04:47 PM
HemiMoparGuy1981
Veteran

Grr, I need to quit reading your posts now, my brain keeps jumping back and forth as to which I should look for. I guess I need to find one of each near enough by me to go test drive and decide which I really want. Problem is R/T Sedan's with a manual so far don't seem too readily available close enough to me to just go drive one...I don't mind traveling 500-1000 miles to buy the car I want, but it's abit steep just for a test drive to make up my mind. Any websites besides Auto Trader, Cars.com seemed to have all the same stuff, or Craigs List that I can use to search for R/T Sedan manual? I have coupes up the ying yang within 100-150 miles, but no sedans...I guess It doesn't even have to be an R/T Sedan, just a 2.7 stick...but I can't find those either.

It does stand to reason the 3.0 would have a ricey sound, it's a Mistubishi motor...but I've never cared for that sound...UGH, now I just Dunno....

Old 02-27-2012, 04:54 PM
HemiMoparGuy1981
Veteran

Wow, that is wierd....I posted this morning and closed the lid on my laptop before it got done spinning it's wheels, but apparently it posted anyway, and now I opened the lid and it posted it again, 12 hours later...

Once I make up my mind, I may be interested in the one your friend has for sale. Like I said, I donb't mind traveling if I know it's what I want and unless it's something that I feel will be a lemon, I will most likely be going home with...but until I drive one and know for sure if I want a sedan or coupe, I won't know.

Quick Reply: Stratus Sedan or Avenger Coupe??