Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Stratus - Speedometer, Odometer, and Gas Gauge Malfunctioning ??

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 10:57 PM
alicia1223
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stratus - Speedometer, Odometer, and Gas Gauge Malfunctioning ??

On my 03 Stratus, I have a few gauges not functioning properly. I've been told several things and still can't figure out what it could be?
The Speedometer is not working at all, the odometer is not working at all, cruise control does not work, and the gas gauge is almost acting as the speedometer - very strange. When the tank is full, it reads accurately. But, when it gets close to a half tank is when it Stetson fluctuating. When the car is stopped, it will be at E. As I accelerate, the gauge moves up/down with my speed until it reaches the current gas level.

All of this started at the same time, so I am assuming it is one problem causing everything. I've been told a range of things from a simple $10 fix to a complex $450+ problem. I just want a general idea as to what this might be so that i'm not unnecessarily wasting money or paying to 'fix' things that aren't the problem.

Old 03-15-2012, 07:44 AM
BillS
Captain

have you tried unhooking the battery for 5 or 10 minutes might be body control module acting up ,or loose connection in dash or bad cluster

Old 03-15-2012, 11:45 AM
alicia1223

I did reset the battery, but I didnt leave it disconnected for long. I will try that.
Now that I think of it, this happened right after having the battery reset to clear engine light after a repair. It worked fine at first, went four miles down the road and when I went to leave it stopped workig. Could it be related? I just assumed separate issues because the prior issue was a coil pack problem.

Old 03-16-2012, 11:58 AM
BillS
Captain

it could be your problem module controls gauges,unhook battery awhile then start car let idle for about 10 minutes with everything off,

Old 03-16-2012, 06:06 PM
alicia1223

I tried it and everything is working fine now!

Quick Reply: Stratus - Speedometer, Odometer, and Gas Gauge Malfunctioning ??