Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

new pics of the car...

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 11:25 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default new pics of the car...

We took some new, clean shot of the RT with the tail lights done, and the interior clean...

...and one of my cleanin' them off at the track...

Old 08-12-2005, 10:04 AM
thump186
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: new pics of the car...

Very nice man. like the harnesses.

Old 08-12-2005, 02:09 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

and for the record, as i get alot of questions, the harnesses are fully functional.

Old 08-12-2005, 09:38 PM
alpine25
Veteran

Lookin good.
You need to tint your back window.
And dont use windex this time

Old 08-15-2005, 12:24 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

dont use windex for what?? my tinting? i used baby shampoo...and i dont think that i own a windex product...?

Old 08-15-2005, 01:12 AM
alpine25
Veteran

They just seem to be turning a bit purple, usually means windex.
Next time use water with a *little* bit of car soap.

Old 08-15-2005, 01:56 AM
thump186
Record Breaker

Ammonia bad for tint mmmmmmmmmmmmkay!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stoners is an exellent product to use on tint.

Old 08-15-2005, 02:32 AM
kang25
Professional

badstrat: nice work, not to be that guy, but where can I find the racing belts that bolt in without removing the back seat? also, Why don't you start a "car of the month" here, like in the eclipse forum? I think that is sweet and would also give us new guys some ideas for body and engine parts from you guys with some kick *** strats. Because face it, we don't have a lot of street cred. until we pull up to a camaro r/s or the like and let them know about the r/t on the back of the car.

Old 08-15-2005, 12:16 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

if you have a manual RT, you should be able to take down a manual RS Camaro ...if they have an automatic, theyre real pigs, and if you both have automatics, it will be a closer race, but off the line ive beaten an RS, and they are governed, and the 01s and some of the 02 RTs are not..so on the highway theyll hang with some big boys.

Kang, we have a ROTM...but its not stratus specific...

i dont use windex or anything else on my windows...and ive honestly noticed No change in my tint shade over the last 3 years that i have had it on there. i know what you mean about the purple tint when it isnt done right and such, but if that happens to mine, ill just redo it...i only use, if anything, a damp towel to clean my windows...i cant think of a time where my windows have gotten dirty enough to have to use glass cleaner

DISCLAIMER: I claim no responsibility for anyone who attempts to install these harnesses and who screw up and hurt themselves, others,or their car. this harness setup is not for street use and seatbelts should be worn at ALL TIMES. [8D]

harnesses come in two varieties that i have seen, cage and floor mount. you can mount the floor mount back under the back seat, but i got my harnesses VERY cheap because the wear rating date is expired. for drag cars where harnesses are required, they have to get new harnesses every few years because they have stamped dates, much like fire extinguishers. mine are cage mount, and because of that, i had to fabricate extentions. the shoulder piece is made to be attatched to the cross bar of the cage, and the lap pieces are made to be attatched to any bolts in the floor. what i have done, is buy tow strap material, and weight bearing carabiners, rated to 750lbs, as used in mountain climbing, and i dont know what load rating the tow strap material is, but its made for holding a motor cycle in place. where the shoulder piece come around the headrest, the meet at the first carabiner, and through the bottom of that runs the tow strap, which travels down through a second "floating" carabiner which has the lap pieces attatched to it. from there, it goes under the seat where the tow strap is attatched to the thick undercarriage of the seat. it is a little tough getting it to connect to that as the internals of the seat are tight agasnit it, and SHARP, so be careful, but thats the best way...make sure that you dont hook everything to springs, or anything that moves, or otherwise first time that you stop fast it will rip the track controls of your seat apart, or so i would imagine.

Old 08-15-2005, 01:14 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

BadStratRT: Love the floormats man, I had those exact ones in my 01 dakota......couldnt find the rear seat ones though...

Quick Reply: new pics of the car...