Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

facts on the sludge monster

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 09:37 AM
mechem
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: facts on the sludge monster

Nice post, valuable info. I've always changed mine regularly. They dont tell you to do it for no reason.

Although 1000% would only make it 50-300w oil. 1000% is basically x10.

Old 01-30-2008, 10:59 PM
holtzer1
Rookie

ORIGINAL: apfootball

well besides penzoil what are some premium oils out there without going synthetic. this is where some opinionated answers come in but id like to know, quaker state, mobil 1, valvoline, what!?!
valvoline valvoline and valvoline.

i've had more engines apart in my lifetime than i care to really think about. i and every other mechanic i've worked with could tell which engines used pennzoil. my 98 t&c has close to or more than 250k on the original engine...valvoline products. after pulling the valve covers to put new gaskets on, there was no clean up rquired. not one spec of sludge or coking. my 2.7 stratus has 70k on it and the insides are spotless. if you really want your 2.7 to last...change oil every2500 miles. small investment for an engine thats known for hitting the graveyard early due to sludge.

Old 07-17-2008, 04:25 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Link to the post in the Intrepid section: https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-i...e-problem.html

Last edited by Midnight SRT; 12-03-2008 at 06:10 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:24 PM
primo382

two things... clean oil and a new pcv valve will prevent the sludge monster from residing in your engine. The sludge that forms on the underside of the valve covers is from a pcv system that cannot breathe. Change the oil, and make sure your pcv valve is new. If you think you're sludged up, do not attempt to flush the motor. You'll only cause the 5 pounds of sludge to fall from it's home on the valve covers onto your heads and clog the oil galleries. Remove the valve covers and throw them away... trust me. There is a little metal plate that covers the pcv channel on the inside of the valve cover. Once the gunk gets in there, it is impossible to get it out without removing the plate. Here's the problem, once the plate is removed, there is no way to re-attach it without custom brackets and hardware... all of which must be fastened to plastic. It's not worth the risk when you can find a nice used set on ebay for $50. A small price to pay to keep your intrepid/stratus/lhs from being a beautiful hunk of junk sitting in the driveway until it rots... or worse, you could have strangers out of the newspaper there buying door handles and turn signal switches!

I payed $500 for my 99 trepid that i've put 40,000 miles on. Getting ready to do the timing chain and water pump... it's slapping like an SOB!

Good luck, don't buy into the hype that these 2.7L are ticking time bombs. Oil... regularly!!! Clean the sludge out once and don't let it happen again!

Peace!

Old 04-10-2009, 09:38 PM
joe0121
Professional

Originally Posted by Newton
The Sludge Monster is only able to survive in spaces equating to 2.7 litres of cubic capacity, and prefers to sleep on an alternating basis in one of 6 cylindrical caves. It's preferred diet are members of the sub-species Moronicus Moronicus, who are found exclusively in the showrooms of Dodge dealerships. The Sludge Monster is known to emit noxious blue smoke when threatened and is known to be particularly afraid of Mobil 1, the toxicology of which is particularly damaging to the Sludge Monster's biological makeup. The only known cure for the bite of this creature is the rapid infusion of 9,000 dollars either in soluble cash or check form, even then, a repeat attack remains likely.
Mobil 1 is good stuff.

Old 08-06-2010, 03:50 PM
mthwgrn

Great information! Thank you for taking the time to write it!

Old 08-07-2010, 01:32 PM
cashman225

My 03 stratus se has taken an extreme liking to mobil products! im talking about the gas, oil and filters! even with the gas i can feel the difference in pick up and ideling!

Old 11-24-2010, 11:02 PM
attendan240

,Onitsuka Tiger X Tokidoki Fabre Asics Mexico 66 Lauta Shoes Dark Green / atome / redDESCRIPTIONSModel 611 absorbs MEMS technology and custom appliance Specific Inteabraded Circuit (ASIC) technology in the architecture. It is accurately advised for boxy automotive apbend.Model 611 is deactive to accomplish in the beneathawning acrid ambiance such as cccaugment3ea24821d977c8473f99a8076ture acutes, beating, thermal and automated sbound,asics top seven, and acerb actinic. Typical apbulgetions cover assorted complete burden (MAP), barometric, EGR columnisture and anchor addition. Pcharter acquaintance us for appropriate deassurance to accommodated your claims.SENSOR SPECIFICATIONSElectrical:1. Static accurateness is the RSS of non-breadth, hysteresis,www.shoesasics.net, and non-echoadeptness Send your bulletin to this Model 615: Manibend Absoadhesive Presabiding Sensor(MAP) architect

Old 11-24-2010, 11:48 PM
sapporo
Banned

Originally Posted by attendan240
,Onitsuka Tiger X Tokidoki Fabre Asics Mexico 66 Lauta Shoes Dark Green / atome / redDESCRIPTIONSModel 611 absorbs MEMS technology and custom appliance Specific Inteabraded Circuit (ASIC) technology in the architecture. It is accurately advised for boxy automotive apbend.Model 611 is deactive to accomplish in the beneathawning acrid ambiance such as cccaugment3ea24821d977c8473f99a8076ture acutes, beating, thermal and automated sbound,asics top seven, and acerb actinic. Typical apbulgetions cover assorted complete burden (MAP), barometric, EGR columnisture and anchor addition. Pcharter acquaintance us for appropriate deassurance to accommodated your claims.SENSOR SPECIFICATIONSElectrical:1. Static accurateness is the RSS of non-breadth, hysteresis,www.shoesasics.net, and non-echoadeptness Send your bulletin to this Model 615: Manibend Absoadhesive Presabiding Sensor(MAP) architect

Id rather wear nothing in winter than be caught dead in them UGLY shoes

Old 02-04-2012, 11:52 PM
JohnnyRebs360
Professional

What do you guys think about Z-max, Slick-50 and BG MOA oil additives?

Quick Reply: facts on the sludge monster