Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Radio Buzz/Buzzing when on AM stations

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 04:37 PM
Rocket67
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio Buzz/Buzzing when on AM stations

2002 Stratus 2.7L

When I have the radio on an AM station I hear clicks and buzzing every time I put a window up or down and any time I lock or unlock the doors and when the blinkers are on, etc, etc.

Is this the radio or is this something else? on FM there is no interference at all. Hoping this is a simple cure.

BTW, this was happening before all the other issues so don't think it's related but it could be. Who knows?

Thanks!

Old 07-31-2012, 08:59 PM
BillS
Captain

AM radio has always picked up interference(windows,blinkers etc) in every car i've had, its usually normal; probably alot worse today with all the devices operating over airwaves then 20 years ago

Old 08-01-2012, 09:45 AM
Rocket67
Professional

Originally Posted by BillS
AM radio has always picked up interference(windows,blinkers etc) in every car i've had, its usually normal; probably alot worse today with all the devices operating over airwaves then 20 years ago
I don't have that problem in the Altima or the Charger....haven't had it in any other cars I have owned in the last 20 years.

Quick Reply: Radio Buzz/Buzzing when on AM stations