Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

A/C Problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 11:56 PM
gotenks2
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C Problem

I have a problem with my A/C with my 2004 Dodge Stratus.

It only works in the highest speed (4th speed) and it doesn't in lower speeds. But neither the blower motor turns on nor the compressor.

I've read that it usually is the blower resistor but considering that neither the compressor nor the blower turns on in the lower speeds I'm not quite sure if it could be the resistor. Couldn't it be the A/C Heater control switch rather than the resistor?

Thanks.

Old 08-06-2012, 07:50 PM
BillS
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its the resistor ,the 3 low speeds go thru resistor,high speed is straight wired, when resistor goes bad only high will work, a/c wouldn't cut on because fan isn't running
heres a description of how fan is wired thru resistor

With the blower motor switch in the lowest speed position the ground path for the motor is applied through all of the resistor wires. Each higher speed selected with the blower motor switch applies the blower motor ground path through fewer of the resistor wires, increasing the blower motor speed. When the switch is in the highest speed position, blower motor resistor is bypassed and the blower motor receives a direct path to ground.

Quick Reply: A/C Problem