Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Dodge stratus 2004 timing chain install issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 08:05 PM
arneidu
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge stratus 2004 timing chain install issues

I have Dodge stratus 2004 2.7L. Took timing chain of without marking my camshatfs or crancshaft positions. Now I am putting new timing chain with new timing chain tensioner. I got my crancshaft position to TDC ( as it's shown on Haynes manual) and placed both of my camshaft pairs 90 degree angle (as per Haynes manual).I left sprockets in "floating" position. Now when I want camshaft sprockets secured to camshafts, the holes for screws don't line up. It looks like I will have to turn my crancshaft counterclockwise. deeply confused as it looks there is not enough links between cranshaft mark and left cylinder camshaft sprocket mark, there is no way to keep those marks as it's shown in Haynes manual without changin position of cranshaft or camshaft.

any suggestions,can I rotate crancshaft from TDC to that my camshaft sprockets would aline to screw holes?is there a 180 degree difference on camshafts?

I had it put once with rotating crancshaft out of TDC and getting camshaft sprockets at 90 degree ,but my car didn't start, so I knew I was out of timing.

Attached Thumbnails Dodge stratus 2004 timing chain install issues-timing.jpg  

Quick Reply: Dodge stratus 2004 timing chain install issues