Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

1999 Dodge Stratus...Please help

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2012 | 11:17 AM
Christopher_John
|
Default 1999 Dodge Stratus...Please help

I have a question... Not sure what to ask exactly so I will explain what happened. Last night I went out to get some ice cream and had been driving the car all day, but when i went to get my ice cream and was on my way back to my house when the temp gauge started rising. I checked under the hood and everything and there was anti freeze everywhere. Since it was dark I decided to check out my car in the morning and after looking at it the jug that holds my anti freeze was empty and the anti freeze was all over the motor. So i checked all the hoses that I could and put the anti freeze jug to a normal not hot fill. After I had did all this I was going to take it for a ride and see what it did when I heard a little whistle. Once I heard the whistle I listened for a bit and noticed that it would get a little louder and than go away and come back, but it only last a few seconds can anyone help me with this. I have a feeling that the cap on reservoir jug is shot, but can anyone help me with any of this.

Thanks.

Old 10-24-2012 | 01:47 PM
ratsttam
Captain

The whistling coming and going is telling that there is a pinhole leak, or crack in a hose/radiator/or water bottle.

You really need to clean things up, fill it, and let it get to temp with the hood open and see where it's spraying from. The crack/hole may not be visible when things are cooled, and only visible and open enough to let water through when the coolant is warm and expanded.

Quick Reply: 1999 Dodge Stratus...Please help