Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

HELP !! Loud Rumble Noise from Rear Speakers with Car OFF! Draining Battery!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 10:33 AM
tomf2011
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy HELP !! Loud Rumble Noise from Rear Speakers with Car OFF! Draining Battery!

HELP !! I have a 2002 Stratus with 40,000 miles on it. The car was completely dead, so I charged the battery. I didn’t have a problem before with starting or the battery.

After the battery was charged, I re-connected it. With the car just sitting in the driveway ,there’s a VERY loud rumble noise coming from the rear speakers in the trunk. I mean LOUD … Also the car is OFF/Not running and the radio is off when this problem occurs. But what ever it is , it’s draining the battery and Nobody can figure it out.

Now the car is just sitting with the battery disconnected. I can’t use it.

Has anyone had this problem? Is there a separate power amp somewhere?

Any help/info would be GREATLY appreciated!
Thank you…………….

Old 12-14-2012, 08:04 AM
ratsttam
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tomf2011
HELP !! I have a 2002 Stratus with 40,000 miles on it. The car was completely dead, so I charged the battery. I didn’t have a problem before with starting or the battery.

After the battery was charged, I re-connected it. With the car just sitting in the driveway ,there’s a VERY loud rumble noise coming from the rear speakers in the trunk. I mean LOUD … Also the car is OFF/Not running and the radio is off when this problem occurs. But what ever it is , it’s draining the battery and Nobody can figure it out.

Now the car is just sitting with the battery disconnected. I can’t use it.

Has anyone had this problem? Is there a separate power amp somewhere?

Any help/info would be GREATLY appreciated!
Thank you…………….

You have a factory amp somewhere in the car (not sure where the 2g strat keeps it, the 1g is under the front passenger seat), that is likely shorted out and not shutting off. You'll need to locate this, and disconnect, and replace/bypass it.

Quick Reply: HELP !! Loud Rumble Noise from Rear Speakers with Car OFF! Draining Battery!