Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Radio issues 2001 Startus R/T

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 03:34 AM
freezingmyfanny
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Radio issues 2001 Startus R/T

Daughter had a fender bender with the car and now radio back lights won't come on. Radio is on but won't change channels. Looks like it shifted in the console (volume **** is bindng against bezel). Any thoughts or suggestions?

Old 12-27-2012, 08:50 AM
ratsttam
Captain

How bad was the fender bender that it mangled the radio housing?

In all seriousness, if the area the radio sits in is damaged, than the radio itself could well be damaged. I would get the whole vehicle inspected and verify the unibody is intact and straight. If that's all good, than the radio will probably need replaced, I suspect that the housing is bent and damaged the board inside.

Old 12-30-2012, 02:53 AM
freezingmyfanny

Thanks for the reply. The radio is now working The accident was very minor. Apparently the impact jarred the radio and it shifted a bit in the console.I removed the bezel and the faceplate. shifted the radio and it all started working properly. replaced faceplate and bezel...VOILA!! All is right in my daughter's world again.

Quick Reply: Radio issues 2001 Startus R/T