Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

please help my dodge stratus wont crank

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 08:41 AM
mikal2001
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please help my dodge stratus wont crank

I have a 1999 dodge stratus and it was working good yesterday. I got up this morning to go to class and it would not crank the dashbord lite wont even come on i got my battery charged and a new starter and still nothing someone said that it could the anti thief system can someone please help me

Old 01-11-2013, 10:11 AM
ratsttam
Captain

Originally Posted by mikal2001

I have a 1999 dodge stratus and it was working good yesterday. I got up this morning to go to class and it would not crank the dashbord lite wont even come on i got my battery charged and a new starter and still nothing someone said that it could the anti thief system can someone please help me
Make sure the battery wires are both good, and the connections are clean. It's NOT the anti-theft system, that will crank and RUN for 3 seconds before cutting off the fuel, accompanied by a blinking red dot in the gauge cluster.

Does it make any noise at all? No clicks, no "turning", no fuel pump humming (listen at the back seat). Any lights at all on the dashboard?

Old 01-16-2013, 01:23 PM
livn2fly
Default Computer

I had the same thing happen, had to replace the ECM..Not the TCM. Google them on the net, plenty of places that will exchange with a rebuilt unit.

Quick Reply: please help my dodge stratus wont crank