Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Where exactly is the Oil Pressure Sensor at?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 11:17 PM
Sean Couch
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Where exactly is the Oil Pressure Sensor at?

I have a 2004 Dodge Stratus RT 2.7 V6.

I have been scouring the internet and cannot for the life of me find it while under my car. I read that "Back side of engine, look for wire going to flat side of block backside. Reachable from underneath." or that is by the oil filter.

If someone can tell specifically where it is and where I would need to be to access it (Above/Below engine, driver/passenger side). Is there something I need to remove first to access it?

I have read where is should be, I go out to the car and can't find it. Then I read more and people saying it's here or its there but I am either blind or daft.

I am at a loss and hear everyone saying that it's easy which it looks to be but I need to find it first.

Pics with be a plus and grateful as well.

Old 01-28-2013, 10:10 PM
go-part
Former Vendor

It is on the side of the engine with the timing chain(side opposite of the transmission)
underneath the timing cover.

Old 01-29-2013, 09:24 AM
Sean Couch

Originally Posted by go-part
It is on the side of the engine with the timing chain(side opposite of the transmission)
underneath the timing cover.
Found it last night before I got this but thanks. It is on the back of the engine in the middle behind a shield cover that is fastened with 3 screws. I couldn't find it before because I needed to jack the car up higher to get further back under the car. Its to the left of the oil filter if you are looking out to the front of the car from the bottom.

Swapped it out, let the car run and never came back on.

Quick Reply: Where exactly is the Oil Pressure Sensor at?