Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

need info on a stratus

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 09:27 PM
dakota1820
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need info on a stratus

My friend who is a technician buys intrepids and stratuses. He rebuild the engines and sells them. He has an 01 stratus it has 99, 000 miles and he is installing an engine he rebuilt himself. It is a 2.7l v6 so what is so bad about the 2.7? How are the transmissions? What are some common issues.? Thanks guys.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:30 PM
BillS
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the 2.7 isn't that bad of an engine it did have a bad reputation with excessive sludge buildup causing engine failure try searching online for "sludge and stratus" to get more info(hard to say how big of a problem it was,seems the problems get noticed more then the people that never had a problem),have heard many possible causes from a bad water pump design causing an internal coolant leak, not changing oil enough,bad pcv system. i had an '04 2.7 with 120,000 when i traded it, engine still ran great. just change your oil every 3,000 miles, use synthetic oil of the correct weight, keep the pcv system working properly you shouldn't have any problems, never heard much on transmission problems if the fluid hasn't been changed you should change that.

Quick Reply: need info on a stratus