Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

2005 Dodge Stratus Stalling Problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 10:36 AM
whisenhunt1951
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Dodge Stratus Stalling Problem

Dear Members.
I have a 2005 Dodge Stratus I just bought really like the car been well taken care of. But it has a tendency to stall when I stop at red lights and sometimes when easing through parking lots.
If any body has a suggestion as to what may be causing it please let me know.
It has the 2.4 liter DOHC 4 cylinder.
Only one error code that deals with cooling fans but they work.
Changed spark plugs and wires with champion plugs as recommended.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Sincerely
Ken

Old 07-05-2013, 12:06 PM
thebluesguy54
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry why does my dodge stratus 2.4 keep stalling?

I'm having the same issue with my 2000 2.4 . Before you replace everything like I did... I would first check for a vacuum leak. Second have the Idle Air Control motor checked out. It's actually a valve,It let's more air into an idling engine when your put demands on the engine such as..Braking,any assessories like air conditioning power steering.lights.etc.You will not get a code for this error so i suggest you locate it, on the throttle body, and with engine running ,disconnect the wiring from it .if no change in engine RPM's than most likely that is your problem. Consider this also...your computer might not be sending a signal to it. or a possible short which is what I'm presently checking for in my vehicle.One more thing is your Egr valve not operating properly. I wish you good luck my friend. When you have stalling and low idle there it brings into question about every system in the car. from timing,ignition,
fuel pressure, fuel injection,bad valve. these all can create low vacuum and engine stalling.i hope someone on here can help us both because right now I am disgusted with anything with dodge name on it.

Quick Reply: 2005 Dodge Stratus Stalling Problem