Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

1995 Dodge Stratus wont unlock

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 01:40 PM
JoelNephew
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 1995 Dodge Stratus wont unlock

I have a 1995 DODGE STARTUS 2.4L Base, I just bought the car not and the guy i bought it from had the front passenger window broken into when somebody stole his radio. He has since had it replaced, but after the window was replace the passenger door no longer opens from the inside or outside.

The only way for the door to open is if both inside and outside handles are pulled at the same time. or the key is inserted and turned while pulling the outside handle.

The power locks unlocks all my doors except the front passenger. The passenger side will briefly unlock then quickly lock within less then 1second.

If anyone can help I would appreciate it

Old 08-17-2013, 05:44 PM
BillS
Captain

I would check the linkage inside the door see if anything was broken,bent or loose, and check the wiring to the power lock something could have been damaged when they tried to break in or when glass was replaced (there a pain sometimes to replace if he did it himself)

Old 08-17-2013, 08:34 PM
JoelNephew

i will check it out and get back to you with the results, thank you

Quick Reply: 1995 Dodge Stratus wont unlock