Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

2005 Dodge Stratus - Electrical Problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 04:28 PM
mpeterson
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Dodge Stratus - Electrical Problem

I'm trying to troubleshoot my daughter's electrical problem.

It's a 2005 Dodge Stratus, she bought at a 'used car' lot. No warranty, and she bought it 'as is'.

Ran fine at first, but in the first week, it wouldn't start. Not even turn over.
I called the dealership, and had a discussion with everyone there - finally getting them to agree to have the vehicle towed to their location, and they'd take a look.

They called us, 10 minutes after the car got there, and told us that it was fixed. They said it was a blown fuse.

Ever since then, the turn signals don't work?
I've installed a new flasher, and bought a new 'turn signal / wiper' unit, that mounts to the Steering column. I've checked every bulb, and they are all fine.
Brake lights work. Parking lights work. Headlights work.

No Hazards or turn signals.
I've checked the fuses, and even swapped the 10amp fuse in that location, to another location (Radio), to verify it worked.

I'm not getting any power to the signal lights?

Is there something in between the steering column unit, and the turn signal bulb sockets? I can't find a detailed enough drawing online?...

Help?

Quick Reply: 2005 Dodge Stratus - Electrical Problem