Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Grinding noise, rubbing inside of rim - '99 Stratus

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 02:56 PM
mspetty93
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grinding noise, rubbing inside of rim - '99 Stratus

I have a '99 Stratus making a horrible metal on metal grinding sound. Mostly when I turn, but also when I hit bumps in the road.

Its the passenger side. When tires are on and you look at it, the bottom of the brakes(the splash guard i believe?) a piece of metal bolted on is just barely above the inside of the rim while on the driver side there is plenty of clearance. That piece of metal has grinded out a circle all the way around the inside of my rim.

Also I found the reason for the overly obnoxious loud exhaust leak. The catalytic converter has like 3 small rust holes in it.

Any ideas? Fix it myself or take to shop?

Attached Thumbnails Grinding noise, rubbing inside of rim - '99 Stratus-dsc_0385.jpg   Grinding noise, rubbing inside of rim - '99 Stratus-dsc_0386.jpg   Grinding noise, rubbing inside of rim - '99 Stratus-dsc_0387.jpg  
Old 09-15-2013, 02:03 PM
NH R/T
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nothing personal but that car needs some serious maintenance.Rotars look shot,which means it probably needs brake pads.Are the wheels stock or after market? look like wrong wheels for the car

Quick Reply: Grinding noise, rubbing inside of rim - '99 Stratus