Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Please help - Stratus 2005, 2.4L, sedan, battery draining due to some pump

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 04:47 PM
ufnick
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help - Stratus 2005, 2.4L, sedan, battery draining due to some pump

Hi all

There is some black electric pump which is positioned between the radiator and the engine, and has lines going to something above the exhaust manifold. This pump will continue to go on and off when the car is off, and will drain the battery. Any idea what is this pump for, and what might be the problem?

Elad

Old 06-22-2014, 12:04 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 93 Likes on 79 Posts

That is your air pump for the emission. unplug the connector and your draw should stop. Then replace the pump. Because it will effect the engine. And the check engine lamp will go on.

Old 06-26-2014, 03:58 PM
ufnick
Default Thanks!

I found that the relay is getting stuck and causing this pump to continue running when the car is off.
I couldn't find a replacement part for this relay. Any idea how can I find it?
Why would this effect the engine performance? Can I drive with this pump disconnected?

Tx

Elad

Old 06-27-2014, 07:47 AM
BillS
Captain

have you checked dealer best bet , or if they don't have might able to try junk yard, car will run worse will damage catalytic converter eventually ,the pump injects air in the exhaust so unburnt fuel finishes burning http://www.smogtips.com/air.cfm better explanation

Quick Reply: Please help - Stratus 2005, 2.4L, sedan, battery draining due to some pump