Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

98 Dodge Stratus - Washer Pump Problem

Old 10-23-2005, 08:57 PM
akdud49
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 Dodge Stratus - Washer Pump Problem

Hi Guys:

My windshield washer stopped working. Can anyone tell me the cause, location of the washer pump and how to access it? Can I use a universal washer pump? Dealer is asking $100 for parts & $80 for labour (Canadian funds). I cannot find any help on the web. I am so desperate to find the location of the washer pump.

Thanks a lot

Old 02-08-2007, 02:31 PM
jsvanaul
Default RE: 98 Dodge Stratus - Washer Pump Problem

I don't know if I'll be much help, but I'm actually having the same problem, I have a 2002. I went to an auto parts store and looked in a service manual. The pump on my car is directly underthe washer fluid resavoir. I think it is on most cars. The books said that I have to take off the front bumper to get to it, so it couldbe the same for you. I'm actually having trouble taking it off so if anyone has any suggestions let me know.

Old 04-03-2008, 07:32 PM
peteymcthompson
Default RE: 98 Dodge Stratus - Washer Pump Problem

The pump is indeed hidden away. I'd only be guessing on the 1998, but the 2002 model winshield washer pump should be accessible from behind/in front of the right front tire. This is only marginally easier than removing the front bumper, but you don't have to take the panel all the way off to get to it.

Old 03-15-2011, 12:35 AM
classicfan1
Rookie

On my 1998, I have the same problem-MY ONLY PROBLEM IS FINDING A PARTS CAR!! The pump is on the passenger side. Remove the wheel and fender well, unbolt the bumper and take it all the way off if you have too. I didn't need to. I loosened mine up enough to see through the holes and see what I was doing. I removed the plastic fastners under the hood and the bolt and clip behind the fender well. I then move that part of the bumper out and up over the headlight. Disconnect the line and the plug and the pump should just pull out.

The pump appears to be a one year only part and its proving to be very hard to find.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 98 Dodge Stratus - Washer Pump Problem