Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Instrument Gauges

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2017, 02:38 PM
John Healey
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Instrument Gauges

I noticed something about my gauges, tachometer,fuel and temperature. When you turn off the key the fuel and temperature gauges the needle seems to be pushed down or be forced to the down position. The Tachometer needle will just slowly sort of float to the down position. I am wondering if this is normal because I have noticed on other vehicles all the gauge needles seem to just float to the down position.
My vehicle is a 2001 Dodge Stratus SE sedan. There is also something with the turn signal relay it clicks just after you turn off the key. I have been trying to isolate this and just found if I remove the radio fuse at the Junction block the relay does not seem to click. Right after I purchased the vehicle in 2004 the radio fried and I replaced it with a radio that is similar but not exactly the same. I am thinking a relay could be the cause but not sure.
Hope I am not asking for to much of an answer. I have work at auto dealers for years and have noticed the clicking thing when turning off the key on other Dodge/Chrysler vehicles.
Actually only 1 time if I am remembering correctly.