Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

No start condition

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2017, 12:57 AM
Stratillac
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No start condition

2003 Dodge Stratus R/T sedan, stick shift, 145k

The other night in the way home from work car dies, acts like fuel pump, no blown fuses, swap relays to rest them no start.

Get it back home, no fuel pressure, cannot hear pump, but there is power to pump. So, pump gets replaced. Still, no start. Someone then points out that my gas gauge doesn't work. Check power at pump again, nothing.

The car will start with carb cleaner/starter fluid so we have spark, but no fuel. We have tried jumping the ASD, the fuel pump relay, and also replaced the crankshaft position sensor, still no start, no power to fuel pump. Going to pick up an ECM at the junk yard tomorrow to see if that helps.

Running out of money and patience.....

Old 08-08-2019, 08:18 AM
robertg927
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Pump Cut-off switch

I'm new to the Dodge Forum, and it's been many years since I owned a Dodge, but I know that on some of my Fords, there is a fuel cut-off switch located in the trunk. The purpose is to cut power to the fuel pump when the vehicle is involved in an accident. You might check to see if your car has one. Sometimes just hitting a big bump can cause the switch to flip off.

Old 08-08-2019, 08:35 AM
ZEN357
Veteran
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Check your fuses, and relays. Check your connections for corrosion.

Old 08-08-2019, 09:30 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

This is an old thread....

Quick Reply: No start condition