Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Dodge stratus coupe 2.4 03 won't start after radio install

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 10:49 PM
Lowkey
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge stratus coupe 2.4 03 won't start after radio install

I bought the car a few days ago decided to put a radio in I removed the positive battery terminal first (shame on me) I took out the stock radio out cut the wires wired the radio up I did use a wire diagram for my car so i put the terminal back on started the car up everything was fine idled nice stayed on and radio worked then I drove a half a mile before the car shut off I attempted to drive home but it wouldn't start so I tried to give her some gas while it cranked it turned on but was running poorly I drove home I checked ever fuse but none were blown and I got my battery checked I it was good so now I'm stuck I thought it could be the anti theft system but I used my key for the door and pressed the unlock button my only other assumption is the fuel pump relay but I put my phone right by the gas cap and recorded while I turned the key and I heard nothing but I don't understand why the car would start and run when I gassed it. Plz help